GSM Shop GSM Shop
GSM-Forum  

Welcome to the GSM-Forum forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features.
Only registered members may post questions, contact other members or search our database of over 8 million posts.

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please - Click to REGISTER!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us .

Go Back   GSM-Forum > Non GSM/Mobile Related Forums > Bluetooth > Bluetooth-Software

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2004, 17:10   #1 (permalink)

Member: 51837
Thanks Meter: 0
MS IntelliPoint & WIDCOMM work!!!

Hi all,

first of all I would like to say that only when reading these forum threads I could finaly get my MS BT Desktop (Dongle/Mouse/Keyboard) to work with my SE HBH-35 BT Headset (using the hacked WIDCOMM drivers). So a big thanks to all !!

But there is a drawback if you use the WIDCOMM drivers. The Intellipoint software stops working and you can't modify the button assignments of your MS mouse or enable the accelerated scrolling etc, leaving the mouse to the default settings e.g. the thumb buttons are Forward - Back no matter what you set in the Intellipoint applet. This is because the filtering driver (point32.sys) and its user-mode application (point32.exe) don't load.

Well there is actually a workarround to this "problem". If you have already installed the Intellipoint software go to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse" and open "point32.inf" using a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

You should find 3 times the string:_VID&0001045e_PID& and replace it with:&VID_045e&PID_ in all 3.

Save "point32.inf" and exit the text editor. Then go to "Device Manager-->Mice and other pointing devices" and right click on the "HID-compliant mouse" and choose "Update Driver...". Do an "Advanced" update of the current driver and "Browse..." for the file you just edited, "point32.inf". Install the driver and if you have turned ON the alerts for digitaly signed drivers, the system will alert you, just click on "Install Anyway". After that the mouse is correctly recognised by Windows and the only thing left is to manually run (only for the first time) "point32.exe" in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse" (just double-click it). And there you go . Intellipoint runs gracefully again !! One last point is to make sure that "point32.exe" is in your startup list so that it loads every time you boot. If it isn't, just put it in your startup folder.

Enjoy!!!
Old 02-02-2004, 22:44   #2 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 40901
Thanks Meter: 2
Nice! I'm impressed, how did you figure that out?
Old 02-03-2004, 16:15   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm4489
Nice! I'm impressed, how did you figure that out?
I was really happy that I could get all my BT devices to work with the WIDCOMM drivers but at the same time really upset that I lost the customization of the extra mouse buttons (have them as COPY - PASTE). To make a very very long story short among the many things I tried is opening the point32.inf and reading it.

Windows Drivers 101: The .inf is a script that says Windows what to install and where to install it. The actual drivers are (mainly) .sys files. In order for a device to properly work, the .inf may tell Windows to install more than 1 driver (in the case of the MS BT mouse the .inf installs 4 drivers). Also, the .inf has a string that contains the HardwareID of the device you wish to install which is saved in registry. Let's say that a newer driver version of your graphics card is out and you want to install it. When you try installing it, Windows will compare the HardwareID of the previous driver (registry) with the one in your new .inf and if the two match will proceed in installing the new driver.

Windows Bluetooth Drivers 101: In order to aid in driver development, reusability and ease of functionality, when you install a BT device in your pc, Windows create a virtual device (in the case of a BT mouse it creates a HID device). This gives the "impression" to Windows that the device is directly connected to the pc and not through another device (BT adapter). Also, this has the advantage of reusing existing drivers for this device. In this case it uses the USB mouse drivers (mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys).

(this is taking longer than expected )
When the WIDCOMM drivers are installed, the mouse drivers that Windows installs are only 2 (mouclass.sys and mouhid.sys), but luckily the same 2 out of 4 as those described in the point32.inf. Now, by looking at the remaining 2 drivers (point32.sys and ipcoin1.dll) that were not installed, I realised they were high up in the driver chain mainly used for filtering. This is important because it means that the WIDCOMM drivers would still be able to communicate with the mouse even if all 4 were installed. Finally, if you look under which HardwareID (registry) the mouse is installed and compare it to the one in point32.inf you will notice a slight difference. So if you make the 2 match, Windows will install the point32.inf (see above) and everything will continue to function. But when that happens, IntelliPoint (point32.exe) will be able to run.

Thats it....
Old 02-03-2004, 19:27   #4 (permalink)
Freak Poster

Member: 40901
Thanks Meter: 2
Thanks for the detailed description, im sure that will be useful for others as well.
Old 02-19-2004, 19:18   #5 (permalink)

Member: 54476
Quote:
Originally Posted by LION_III
Hi all,

first of all I would like to say that only when reading these forum threads I could finaly get my MS BT Desktop (Dongle/Mouse/Keyboard) to work with my SE HBH-35 BT Headset (using the hacked WIDCOMM drivers). So a big thanks to all !!

But there is a drawback if you use the WIDCOMM drivers. The Intellipoint software stops working and you can't modify the button assignments of your MS mouse or enable the accelerated scrolling etc, leaving the mouse to the default settings e.g. the thumb buttons are Forward - Back no matter what you set in the Intellipoint applet. This is because the filtering driver (point32.sys) and its user-mode application (point32.exe) don't load.

Well there is actually a workarround to this "problem". If you have already installed the Intellipoint software go to: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse" and open "point32.inf" using a text editor (e.g. Notepad).

You should find 3 times the string:_VID&0001045e_PID& and replace it with:&VID_045e&PID_ in all 3.

Save "point32.inf" and exit the text editor. Then go to "Device Manager-->Mice and other pointing devices" and right click on the "HID-compliant mouse" and choose "Update Driver...". Do an "Advanced" update of the current driver and "Browse..." for the file you just edited, "point32.inf". Install the driver and if you have turned ON the alerts for digitaly signed drivers, the system will alert you, just click on "Install Anyway". After that the mouse is correctly recognised by Windows and the only thing left is to manually run (only for the first time) "point32.exe" in "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Hardware\Mouse" (just double-click it). And there you go . Intellipoint runs gracefully again !! One last point is to make sure that "point32.exe" is in your startup list so that it loads every time you boot. If it isn't, just put it in your startup folder.

Enjoy!!!
If you have problems getting the widcomm drivers working, look in the admin panel>services... If the Bluetooth service is listed, you can then install the MS Intellipoint software [including the WinXP Bluetooth patch], and it might work [did for me]. I don't know where you get the "Bluetooth Perifarble Device" driver tho [for connection phones etc] tho
Old 03-05-2004, 15:31   #6 (permalink)

Member: 56892
Intelli Point 5 + Widcomm 1.4.3.4

Hello,

I have successfiully installed the Widcomm driver under Win2k.
But now I am discovering the problem that I cannot programm the button of my mouse.
The soulution with the edit of the oint32.inf soes not work, because I get an error message from Win2k that there is no driver found!
Is ther a solution to make IP 5 Work with WIn2k oder an edit with IP 4.9 [Org-CD]?

Kruemel
Old 03-07-2004, 17:59   #7 (permalink)
Crazy Poster

Member: 44457
Thanks Meter: 1
I don't know why Win2k can't find a driver - perhaps this method doesn't work with Win2k. If you have the microsoft driver on the intellipoint CD then perhaps you could try installing it in "co-operation" with the Widcomm software. I have added a section that may work for this...

http://www.jonscaife.com/bt/details.html#microsoft

Good luck and please let us know how you get on!
Old 03-08-2004, 13:28   #8 (permalink)

Member: 56892
SOrry, but i think you got something wrong.
The BT-Stick from MS is successfully installed!
the only problem i am discovering at the moment is that I am unable to Programm the mouse button with the IntelliPoint (IP) 5 Software.
THe Hack to modify the point32.inf does not work!
But I am unable to install th IP 4.9 from the ORg. CD, because I got the Message, OS not supportet!.
The setup finishes automatically without installing anything!

Is the a solution to get the IP to work under WIn2k to be able to programm the Mouse buttons?
Old 03-08-2004, 21:06   #9 (permalink)

Member: 40484
IntelliPoint 4.9 from the CD supplied with MS dongle/mouse can be installed under Win XP _only_.
On the other hand, MS bluetooth mouse is not supported in IntelliPoint 5.0.
So Win XP is your only chioce if you want to use IntelliPoint with bluetooth mouse.
Old 03-11-2004, 11:41   #10 (permalink)

I would like to confirm that the point32.inf hack works ONLY with Intellipoint 4.9 and WinXP because Win2k doesnt natively support bluetooth and Intellipoint 4.9 can only be installed on WinXP.
Thats Micro$oft for ya !!
Old 06-07-2004, 16:45   #11 (permalink)

Member: 68186
Anybody who can do this trick with Logitech MX-900 ?

so, if anybody have information how to get the Logitech MX-900 to work fully (800 DPI, _all_ mousebuttons working) without the Logitech-Hub let me know.

Thank you, Palim
Old 11-02-2004, 15:58   #12 (permalink)
jdi

Member: 60453
yes, it works
i am appreciated.
thanks, lion
Old 11-02-2004, 23:56   #13 (permalink)
Insane Poster

Member: 54277
IntelliPoint 4.9 from the CD supplied with MS dongle/mouse can be installed under Win XP _only_.

MS bluetooth mouse and IntelliPoint 5.2. work perfectly, not need Lion tips
with Widcomm 3.0.1.905 or Microsoft XP SP2 driver.

PS. thanks Lion at Feb. 2004 with Widcomm 1.4.3.4 and IntelliPoint 5.0 is was good tips. I used.

Kryss
Old 11-26-2004, 14:30   #14 (permalink)

Member: 94016
Intellipoint Mouse BT

I have a dell D800 with internal BT Card i can not seem to pair my MS Intellipoint Mouse I have an error in device manager i.e. Bluetooth Virtual Mouse. I am running the latest WIDCOM drivers from the dell site and also downloaded the latest drivers for the mouse from MS.

I can discover the mouse but will not pair.

Do you have any ideas?

Last edited by icomm; 11-26-2004 at 14:41.
Old 01-07-2005, 17:55   #15 (permalink)

Member: 104325
MUCH much thanks

I have billington PCMCIA card, everything works - I connected IntelliMouse and Keyboard. Really cool! Before I read this, I spent 3 days with no results, thanks to YOU, in 3 hours I am complete!

For others - if your device name doesn't change, try a little bit different way: update driver -> No, not this time (do not connect to internet) -> Instal form a list ... -> Don't search, I will ... -> Microsoft wireless ...

Really, if the one doesn't change the device name in point32.inf and type32.inf, than choice 'Microsoft wireless ...' is not displayed.

Once more, much thanks to the author!